Some of these are certain to be out of date since I do not remember to update this page often.
Games that are more than just games
Crowdsourcing with Online Games
is the HCG and interactive algorithm running software package created and maintained by me and my students.
- Fold It is one of the most succesful HCGs, dealing with protein folding and design.
- GWAP (Games with a Purpose) is a group of
games created by Luis von Ahn's research group a Carnegie Mellon.
Their purpose is to use the players to help solve problems that
computers aren't good at. This site currently includes ESP Game,
Tag a Tune, Verbosity, Squigl, and Matchin.
- Peekaboom The game used to be here, but the page
now takes you to GWAP.com, which does not contain Peekaboom.
- Google Image Labeler
is a game to help label images on the Internet.
It is based on Luis von Ahn's The ESP Game.
- Listen Game
- Major Miner Music Labeling Game
(Generating Instructions in Virtual Environments)
is a game that helps improve AI algorithms.
- Phrase Detectives
is a game that will help "train anaphora resolution systems that
can be used to improve text summarisation and search engine indexing,
which will ultimately lead to a better Web experience for you."
- Sentiment Quiz
- Spectral Game
(See a draft of a paper about this work here.)
- The FACTory
- Phylo is a game that helps with sequence alignment (Link to Wikipedia page because the link to game didn't work)
Wisdom of Crowds/Crowdsourcing/Crowdcasting
Other Gaming Related
xkcd cartoons I can relate to
xkcd cartoons related to computer science
- 87 (To a lesser extent)
- 325 (I can't necessarily relate, but this one made me laugh uncontrollably for some reason.)
Too much technology (videos)
Videos about Faith/Belief/Religion (Mostly funny ones)
Faith and Science
Using technology and engineering to help those in need
Random Funny Stuff