- There will be 3 exams during the semester.
- The exams are equally weighted.
- You are expected to take them when they are scheduled.
- Final Exam
- There will be a final exam during the scheduled final exam period.
- You are expected to take the final exam when it is scheduled.
- There will be 10-12 quizzes during the semester.
- The problems on the quiz will be taken directly from the suggested exercises in the textbook.
- You are expected to take the quizzes when they are scheduled and make-up quizzes will
not be given unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- There will be a veritable plethora of WebWork assignments (typically one per section of the textbook).
- These assignments are available online:
- These problems have fixed deadlines and are graded automatically.
- It is your responsibility to log into WeBWorK on a regular basis and keep track of the due dates.
- You are required to earn 2 colloquium credits for this course
- If you fail to meet this requirement, your course grade will be lowered by 1/3 of a letter grade.
- You can earn one colloquium credits by doing one of the following:
- Attend a math colloquium and printing and filling out the Math 131 Colloquium Report Form and
turning it in to me no later than a week after the colloquium.
- Submit a reasonable solution to a problem of the fortnight question found in the math department newsletter
Off on a Tangent.
- Attend a mathematics conference
- Prepare for and compete in a math competition.
- Give a talk at a colloquium or math conference.